We at Christ Community Church believe...
- ...the Bible is God's written revelation to man. It is verbally inspired in every word, and absolutely inerrant in the original documents. We affirm the infallibility, sufficiency, and authority of Scripture. (Psalm 119:89; John 1:1; John 1:1-4; John 1:14; Galatians 1:12; Galatians 1:12; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- ...that there is but one Living and true God, an infinite, all-knowing Spirit, perfect in all His attributes, one in essence, eternally existing in three Persons -- the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- each equally deserving worship and obedience. (Exodus 34:6; Deuteronomy 6:4; Job 11:7-9; Psalm 90:2; Psalm 147:5; Jeremiah 10:10; John 4:24; Revelation 4:8).
- ...in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory. (Luke 1:27-31; John 1:14; Romans 9:5; Hebrews 4:15; 1 Timothy 2:5).
- ...that the salvation of man, who is sinful and lost, is accomplished solely by the power of the Holy Spirit through the Word of God. This salvation is marked when the repentant sinner responds in faith to the grace of God, and this also by the work of the Holy Spirit. The basis of this salvation is the redeeming work of Jesus Christ, the merit of His shed blood, and not on the basis of human merit or works. All the redeemed are kept by God's power and are thus secure in Christ forever. (John 1:12; Romans 5:18; 1 Corinthians 1:9; Ephesians 1:13; Ephesians 2:3; Ephesians 2:8-9; 1 Thessalonians 1:6; Hebrews 2:17; Hebrews 9:28).
- ...in the Spirit-filled life. As the supernatural Agent in regeneration, the Holy Spirit baptizes all believers at the moment of salvation. The Holy Spirit also indwells, sanctifies, instructs, empowers for service, and seals the believer for the day of redemption. (Romans 8:9-12; Ephesians 1:13; 2 Corinthians 5:5; Titus 3:5-6).
- ...in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; the saved unto the resurrection of life and the unsaved unto the resurrection of damnation. (Matthew 10:32-33; Matthew 13:30; 1 Thessalonians 4:17; 1 John 3:2; Revelation 20:15).
- ...that all who put their faith in Jesus Christ are immediately placed by the Holy Spirit into one unified spiritual Body, the Church, of which Christ is the head. The purpose of the Church is to glorify God by building its members up in the faith, by instruction of the Word of God, by fellowship with one another, by the keeping of ordinances prescribed in the Scriptures, and by proclaiming the Gospel to the world. (Ephesians 2:13-19; Ephesians 3:17-19; Ephesians 4:4-13)